We have made a number of operational changes to ensure we are meeting or exceeding all directives from the Chief Medical Officer of Health. We ask that you review the following COVID-19 Course Rules prior to arrival:
- If you are exhibiting flu like symptoms or are required to be self-isolating, please do not come onto the property.
- All golfers must have a tee time reserved before arriving. Times may be booked online (northumberlandlinks.com) or by calling the pro shop at 902-243-2808 or 1-800-882-9661.
- Although it is recommended to prepay green fees (and cart) at the time of booking to avoid delays and congestion in the Pro shop, this is no longer mandatory.
- At the time of booking, please provide the name of each member of your group and the number of carts required.
- You are advised to arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to your tee time.
- For COVID-19 reasons, tee times will be strictly adhered to. If your group is late for your tee time, we cannot guarantee you will have an opportunity to play.
- No carry-on alcoholic beverages.
- Please proceed to the Pro Shop unless you have prepaid for your golf. If you have prepaid, you can continue straight to the Starter’s Hut.
- Upon arrival you will be greeted by a Northumberland Links staff member who will help guide you and answer questions pertaining to COVID-19 related restrictions.
- We ask that you change into your golf shoes at your car.
- If you reserved a Cart, it will be located in the “Sanitized Cart” areas.
- Carts will be sanitized before and after each play.
- One person per cart at all times unless living in the same household or with a bubble household. Giving someone a ride or allowing a fellow playing partner to sit in the cart is not allowed.
- Once your clubs are on the cart, please proceed to the Starter’s Hut.
- Effective Friday, July 31, 2020, as per Nova Scotia Provincial Health protocol, face masks or coverings must be worn upon entering the Northumberland Links clubhouse.
- The Tap In Express and Pro Shop will be open with physical distancing and public health guidelines in place.
- Due to Covid-19, we are offering a BBQ in the backyard and deck.
- There will be no access to locker rooms or showers.
- Clubhouse washrooms will be open. Washrooms are limited to one person at a time.
FIRST TEE /GOLF COURSE
- There will be a starter at the Starter’s Hut to provide further information.
- If time permits, you may go to the range and hit a few balls to warm up or make a few putts. Each area has a designated area for golfers that are on deck.
- For smokers in a group that have a cart, a sand filled cup will be provided for you to “butt out”. Please do not leave cigarette or cigar butts in any of the cart compartments.
- All tee markers have been removed. Please play adjacent to color coded stake that is placed near the edge of the tee.
- All ball washers, and yardage stakes have been removed to reduce common contact areas.
- Do not touch flagstick. Retrieve ball by hand without removing flagstick.
- Maintain a minimum physical distance of 2 metres/6ft.
- Do not touch or borrow a fellow golfers’ golf equipment or accessories.
- Keep power carts a minimum of 30 yards from the green.
- Please play at a steady pace. No skipping holes.
- Place all trash in receptacles provided on the course.
- All bunker rakes have been removed. Please smooth footprints made in a bunker with your club or foot.
- Course washrooms are cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at the clubhouse, starter’s hut and all washrooms.
EXITING THE GOLF COURSE
- Upon completing #18, please follow the signs to the parking lot. All exiting traffic will be on the west side of the clubhouse.
- There will be two cart return areas. Please return your used cart in this area and place all cart garbage in the bag provided and leave it in the cart.
Together we can help stop the spread of COVID-19